Print This Recipe
A beautiful and elevated take on fall. Butternut squash roasted in butter and spice, salt and
peppered kale, and a sprinkle of cranberries, all wrapped in elegant pastry.
1 refrigerated 9″ pie dough round
1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and sliced
¼ cup kale, chopped
¼ cup whole fresh cranberries
3 tbsp. vegan butter or olive oil
Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- If using, melt the butter. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, place the sliced butternut squash. Add butter or olive oil, and toss the squash until evenly coated.
- Place the squash on the lined baking sheet, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes, turning over the squash halfway through. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
- Roll out the pie dough onto a lightly floured surface, and transfer to a lined baking sheet.
- Leaving an inch around the edge of the dough, place the roasted squash in the center of the dough.
- Fold over the edge of the dough making little pleats around the squash.
- Sprinkle the chopped kale and cranberries over the squash.
- Place in oven, and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.